Tax Consultant Job
Please submit a form on the Contact Us page to inquire about this position.
We seek individuals with backgrounds in tax, accounting, law, economics, science, technology/information systems, math and engineering.
An academic skill necessary to succeed in Camuso CPA is the ability to understand the underlying policy or theory behind tax rules, rather than focusing on memorization of code sections, limitation amounts, and various other thresholds. Given the nature of tax work, we look for people with the highest level of integrity. We’re looking for well-rounded, goal-oriented individuals who can interact with clients, so strong interpersonal and writing skills are essential.
Since you’ll work on multiple engagement teams, you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple commitments including personal ones. Consultants at Camuso CPA conduct day-to-day management of accounts by delivering all tax consulting services to the client and bringing in specialists when necessary.
Primary responsibilities include tax return preparation, overseeing of complex tax research projects for clients; participation in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions and tax implications of financing techniques; and tax-planning responsibilities for our corporate and individual clients.
We work with a variety of clients in exciting industries primarily in real estate and other small businesses (some traditional and some not i.e. Chiropractors and Blockchain)
This role will begin as a part time 20 hour role and grow to full time as your proficiency grows.
o Prepare complex tax returns including 1040, 1120, 1120S and 1065
o Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet
o Be an integral part of the client-facing team, to develop a comprehensive understanding of your client’s business and the broader industry in which they operate
- Perform detailed economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling and empirical analyses
- Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations and other client materials
o Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
o Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners
Tax Planning/Financial Planning
o Research tax and financial planning strategies for clients
o Research and Interpret the U.S. tax code.
o Research, analyze and interpret changing tax legislation and provide written updates on weekly basis
o Draft tax and financial planning deliverables for clients
o Perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum
o Offer suggestions to partners for process improvements
o Tax advisers can work in compliance, ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and any other necessary forms.
Alternatively, they may work in consultancy, advising clients on how to minimize their tax liabilities carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimize a client’s liability; producing reports and presentations for clients
o Analyze real estate portfolios and properties for tax and financial perspective for investor clients
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation
- Strong academic track record
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or analytical discipline and/or Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation, Information Systems, Technology, Finance or Economics, or JD or LLM Degree (undergraduate degree in business or accounting preferred)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- CPA exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
- Ability to work remotely efficiently and effectively
- Technology-related coursework highly desirable
Superior analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
Strongly preferred that Business/Accounting and JD/LLM candidates meet the CPA exam requirements prior to beginning full-time employment